Resume: Robert R. (Bob) Kenyon
A software quality assurance position where I can use my programming skills to improve overall software quality.
- Languages: Perl, HTML, C, XML, C++, SQL, Java
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Macintosh, Windows, VAX/VMS
- Platforms: Sun, Auspex, Macintosh, SGI, Intel, Cray, DEC
Auspex Systems: Santa Clara, CA 6/2001 - 4/2003
Product Assurance, Senior Software Test Development Engineer
- Designed, documented, and implemented test plans to verify correct operation of servers.
- Designed and developed test scripts in Unix shell and Perl to automate testing of servers.
- Performed primary QA duties on Java-based GUI management application, including writing test plans, test cases, evaluating user interface and appearance issues.
- Installed and configured Auspex operating system software, including Solaris installation and administration.
- Configured network, client and server hardware to accomplish test objectives.
- Interpreted and analyzed problems with servers using logs, debugging tools and other methodologies.
Connectix Corporation: San Mateo, CA 3/2001-11/2001
Web Applications, Contractor Part Time
- Designed and implemented several Perl cgi applications that processed web forms and interfaced with backend applications.
nCUBE Corporation: Foster City, CA 10/2000 - 4/2001
Software Server Department, Senior Software Engineer
- Developed Perl module middleware that communicated between XML requests and the UNIX operating system of a video server.
- Coded server module using Perl Object-Oriented and mod_perl compatible techniques.
- Designed implementations for copying, moving, formatting, status and information reporting and other manipulation tasks for video content.
- Maintained and updated builds of older legacy server software.
- Participated in planning and status meetings and documented progress.
Oracle Corporation: Redwood Shores, CA 5/2000 - 10/2000
Interactive Television Division, Senior Member of Technical Staff
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space: Sunnyvale, CA 11/1996 - 4/2000
- Performed quality assurance engineering on video streaming servers.
- Modified and debugged Perl test scripts.
- Configured and monitored soak tests.
- Performed system administration duties on Sun workstations.
- Installed and configured Oracle databases.
Test Systems Software Products, Senior Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space: Sunnyvale, CA 7/1988 - 11/1996
- Maintained and improved programs utilizing proprietary multi-platform GUI's and a proprietary data retrieval system written in C for processing and presentation of data from missile flight tests.
- Designed middleware software to present data on the web using Perl, HTML, SQL, and Java programming.
- Worked with flight test analysts on software requirements.
- Created and maintained documentation for several applications developed by the group.
Space Technology Department, Research Specialist
- Applied structural dynamics methodologies to analyses of transient responses of spacecraft structures.
- Applied computer science methodology to develop tools for solving aeronautical and structural dynamics problems.
- Created algorithms to implement new analysis techniques; improved existing tools to increase analysis speed and accuracy.
- Supervised and trained co-workers in structural dynamics technology.
- Analyzed data and documented results.
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space: Sunnyvale, CA 7/1983 - 7/1988
Space Technology Department, Research Engineer
- Selected and applied analytical methods for dynamic structural analysis on Milstar Program.
- Analyzed data and documented results.
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space: Sunnyvale, CA 9/1980 - 7/1983
Space Technology Department, Associate Engineer
- Applied technical and computer software knowledge to the structural analysis of various spacecraft systems.
- Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space (1996-1998):
- Attended training courses in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Java, Software Process, C++, Unix system administration leading to a Lockheed Martin Software Training Certificate.
- San Jose State University, Open University (1990-1993):
- Continuing education on Computer Programming I & II, Data Structures and Algorithms, Assembly Programming (Intel 8088), Object Oriented Programming, Discrete Mathematics and Structures of Programs.
- Classes used Pascal, C, C++, and Scheme programming languages.
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Davis, 1980